Your Home Maintenance Checklist for Autumn
There are a lot of things you’ll want to do to your home in the autumn to make sure you’re ready for the winter.
Doing these things will save you money from costly repairs due to damage from the harsh winter weather. So here’s your home maintenance checklist for fall.
Print out this maintenance to-do list for your autumn tasks this year. And potentially save yourself a fortune and a ton of headaches by being proactive.
- Check the gutters (clean out debris like leaves and check for any holes or problems which might make drainage a problem).
- Check the roof for any loose tiles and corroded flashing, or leaky vents.
- Check your driveway and repair cracks or damage now before they become an even bigger problem later.
- Drain outdoor taps and irrigation systems.
- Ensure pipes are well insulated to prevent burst pipes.
- Make sure you know where the water shut off valve is if you need to turn water off to prevent pipes from freezing.
- Check the furnace filter and have it professionally cleaned, so when you’re ready to use it you don’t have to worry about it not working properly.
- Clean the ducts of your heating system.
- Get the chimney swept and make sure the chimney’s flue has a tight seal when closed.
- Get your humidifier ready. Replace the filters and check the plates and pads to ensure everything runs efficiently.
- Do you have a wood stove? Now’s a great time to inspect it.
- Check to make sure your smoke alarms are working properly. Now’s a good time to replace batteries.
- Caulk any holes you see in walls and put weather stripping around the windows and doors to keep the warm air in and cold air out.
- Change out screens for storm windows and storm doors.
- Repair any loose or damaged window frames or door frames.
- Do a general clean up around the house. Remove old newspapers and leftover hazardous material – get this stuff out of the house now.
- Prepare the lawn for the winter by raking, fertilizing, and cutting it.
- Prepare your garden for the winter. This includes pruning your trees and shrubs, and trimming tree limbs that are dangerously close to power lines.
- Check your loft insulation and make sure it’s not covering any vents or eaves of the house.
- Check the vents in the ridges and eaves of the house to make sure they are clear of debris, like leaves and bird poo.
- If you have cat flap, make sure it’s working right. You don’t want any nasty rodents looking for a nice warm place to rest its head during the cold winter months.
- Check on your torch. Make sure the bulbs are good and you have fresh batteries in them.
Final Thoughts on Protecting Your Home Before Winter Comes…
Following this simple checklist should help keep you safe this winter and keep your home safe as well.
By fixing it now, you won’t be scrambling so much or having to deal with a costly furnace repair in the dead of winter.
My Family Loves The Bum Gun
Thank you. I love my bum gun and I don’t know how our family coped with disgusting toilet tissue for so long!! It was so much easier parenting with my young daughter thanks to this bidet sprayer. All parents have got to install the bum gun in their bathrooms, which is so easy. The thing I loved was that the installation was so quick and easy. Perhaps you should think of starting an Affiliate Program, because this is the kind of product which will just blow up once people realise how awesome it is. Anyone interested in making some spare cash would benefit and so would your company. Just an idea.
Benni, Toronto, Canada
Not only a Bidet Sprayer but much more
We have in our establishment 5 Bum Guns and we and our customers love them. We have 3 in the guest toilets and they are used daily by dozens of customers, one in the kitchen and one in the bar. They save our time, and very useful with many jobs. Money well spent as they make our job easier and our customers’ bums cleaner. Thanks to the bum gun.
Paolo, Mamma Mia Italian Restaurant
Our Family Can’t Live Without The Bum Gun!
The Bum Gun is fantastic for helping me to feel really clean after…well, after doing the big job :). Paper alone just doesn’t cut it anymore now that I’ve tried the Bum Gun. That perfect spray of water right where it’s needed does the best clean-up job, and it is so refreshing. A handy bidet on a hose—what a great invention!
For sure, it’s a great value and must-have for every bathroom in my home. My two young sons started using the bum gun at a very early age, saving valuable hassle and dollars. Our family all love the bum gun! We hate it whenever we travel but don’t have bidet sprayers installed, even plan our holidays around hotels which are up to date with bathroom hygiene.
Rhys - Melbourne, Australia
Never thought I’d love a bum gun…!
Can’t imagine I’m writing a review of this item, but I think it’s a very undervalued item everyone should be aware off! Lived in China the last 6 years where they still use good ol’ fashion toilet paper and when I moved to Thailand it was where i first saw those Bum guns. As we say in Holland, “what the farmer doesn’t know, he doesn’t eat”, so haven’t used them in the first few months until my toilet got stuck LOL.
The toilets here are not made to flush paper, did I know…. So I finally overcame my fear and started using the bum gun, ordered mine online saving me the embarrassment to buy one in the shop in the process ;). I have to say, it was a revelation! The use of paper can be down to one little piece It feels so more cleaner then the paper, where always your fingers stick through in the end… yak… and saving a ton of paper in the process! The environment will be grateful:). Now I installed a bidet sprayer gun in every bathroom of my house and office. Trying to convince my family in Europe to start using them too! It kinda weird how you can be enthusiastic about this little piece of technology, but after you’ve used them once, its goodbye to the paper toilet roll! Greetz and happy sprayin!!
Arno - Bumgun user for life! - Holland
Females: The bum gun is way softer on your private bits
The bum gun bidet sprayer is the way to go in my opinion. The bum gun is way softer on your private bits than scraping with toilet paper, and much cheaper in the long term. I got mine from https://www.thebumgun.com/store/ and love it! Especially useful for females who need extra special hygiene help at certain times of the month. Great service from this company and especially impressed by their unbelievable attention to detail and follow up. I can see this company is ultra serious about looking after their customers.
Jennie, New Southgate, N14
The Bum Gun Australia
I found the service to be amazing and the UK supplier was very helpful and obliging. The product appears to be very good quality and should suit our purpose admirably. We are overseeing the building of a new home for a friend and have recommended they use the product also and would certainly recommend anybody wishing to include these in their home or office contact this supplier who is very well versed in the application and use of this product.
Brian Barker, Cooroy QLD
“THE BUM GUN IS SIMPLE COMMON SENSE”
If anyone has a family, business or any commercial premises, they’d be wise to get this device of the century installed. Honestly, this is probably the best product I’ve purchased for a long time. It truly is a life changer. Hygiene is important for my family and my employees, and should be for you too. The Bum Gun paid for itself in about 2 months. So you’d be crazy not to get one installed in every bathroom. Thanks Bum Gun you really have an amazing product.